- Phil Ford
- Goodbye, but not farewell
- No one understands you, redux
- The mental game: advice for campus interviews
- Birth of the Weird
- This will be our reply to violence: to make music more intensely, more beautifully, more devotedly than ever before
- Good prose is written by people who are not frightened
- Trump vs. Trudeau: An Analysis
Category Archives: Cop Show!
Still back in the game like Jack Lalanne . . .
Phil Ford So I’m back from the annual American Musicological Society meeting. As usual I feel like I lived about 3 weeks in 4 days, so where to begin? Maybe with a song.
Phil Ford Grizzly Bear's "Two Weeks" has been the Song of the Summer for me. I bought Veckatimest earlier this summer on the suggestion of John Howland and Andrew Flory, with whom I did a very fun and satisfying panel … Continue reading
Phil Ford Nice ring!
Phil Ford Among the dumber ideas I’ve heard lately: Obama will “elevate” the culture (how do you do that, anyway? floatation?) to the point that black people will see through hiphop and its “thuggish violence, misogyny, clownish behavior and crude … Continue reading
Phil Ford I was on vacation last week (hence my spotty posting to Dial M) but went back to school yesterday — time to get my courses in order for the fall. I stopped by the mailroom and was greeted … Continue reading