- Phil Ford
- This will be our reply to violence: to make music more intensely, more beautifully, more devotedly than ever before
- Good prose is written by people who are not frightened
- Trump vs. Trudeau: An Analysis
- Time-binding and the music-history survey
- God save the queen!
- AMS annual meeting blog post, the “I’m not going” edition
Author Archives: Phil Ford
Update: Right after I posted this it occurred to me that I had posted video of fascists marching (from 2015, btw) and missed my chance to insert the perfect reaction gif:
This summer has been, for me, the summer of Twin Peaks. I am a huge David Lynch fan from way back. Twin Peaks gives me all kinds of things I can write about, not least of which is my theory … Continue reading
I suppose it’s a sign of what things have come to when we celebrate a successfully defended handshake as a famous victory. But I’ll take it. I have never been prouder, as a Canadian, than when Justin Trudeau shrewdly countered Donald … Continue reading
Me at the Bloomington “No Ban No Wall” protest today. So much for my short-lived “I’m not talking about American politics” thing. Trump affects the lives of people around the world, including Canadians. Viva la résistance, wherever you are.
It’s been a while since Jonathan and I got into a scrap on Dial M. I kind of missed it. Whatever else may be said about Jonathan, he’s a fighter, and I like that about him. A couple of people … Continue reading