Scott McLemee, intellectual journalist, blogger, gangsta, patriot, and the only book reviewer with an unsolicited fan club t-shirt, is shutting down his venerable personal site — or, rather, using it as a warehouse for his old material but no longer updating it. He is moving to Artsjournal, the mega-artblogging site that is already home to blogging heavyweights Terry Teachout and Greg Sandow. I’ll miss the old-school mclemee.com
look, but you gotta live in the now.
- Phil Ford
- This will be our reply to violence: to make music more intensely, more beautifully, more devotedly than ever before
- Good prose is written by people who are not frightened
- Trump vs. Trudeau: An Analysis
- Time-binding and the music-history survey
- God save the queen!
- AMS annual meeting blog post, the “I’m not going” edition